Once upon a time, I gave an Operating Systems course, based on Andrew Tannenbaum's book and the Minix implementation of unix that came with it.
- A set of slides.
- Some problems, mostly taken from Tananbaums's book.
- A simplified formal specification of the unix file system.
Solutions to the problems and practical exercises are accessible to tutors on a different page.
- Instructions for practical 1, a concurrent control program for a digital thermometer.
- Materials for practical 1: Gzipped tar format.
- Instructions for practical 2, a simulation of replacement strategies for a file system buffer cache.
- Materials for practical 2: Gzipped tar format.
Note that the code for these practicals has not been run in a long time. Specifically, the thread package underlying practical 1 is likely to need adjustment to work under more recent host systems.