This section provides course materials and a discussion forum for the course Principles of Programming Languages that I am giving at Oxford in Michaelmas Term 2012. See the category page for a list of all pages related to the course.
- Monday and Wednesday at 11, weeks 1–8.
- Friday at 10 or 12, weeks 3, 5, 7, 8.
- Lab sessions
- Monday at 2 or Tuesday at 11, weeks 3, 4, 6, 7, 8.
Some pages contain course material, and I have protected these from editing, so that everyone can see the material as I presented it. But each protected page has an associated discussion page, and you are welcome to add comments there, or to make additions to any of the other pages. To make edits, you will need to create an account for yourself.
- Syllabus and synopsis.
- Course outline with links to notes, problems sheets, etc.
- Collected problem sheets and sample exam questions.
- Information about the laboratory exercises for the course.
- A glossary of terms used in the course.
- Books and background reading.
- Instructions for installing GHC on your own computer.
- A page of frequently asked questions about the course.