Please come and talk to me about any of these projects, or about a project idea of your own along the same lines. The projects are quite open-ended, so they would suit either a third year or a fourth year student, with the fourth year expecting to get further or address a wider selection of aspects.
- Porting GeomLab to Java FX.
- A fast, portable grep.
- A regular expression toolkit.
- Signal-based programming for Mindstorms.
- A simple object-oriented language.
- A simple functional language.
- Generational garbage collection for Keiko.
- Eliminating array bounds checks.
- Targeting the MIPS.
- Implementing a BURS generator generator.
- Better register allocation.
- Porting Phōs.