Welcome to Spivey's Corner
This Wiki provides course materials and a discussion forum for the lecture courses that I give to Computer Science students in Oxford.
Some pages will contain course material, and I will protect those pages from editing, so that everyone can see the material as I presented it. But each protected page will have an associated discussion page, and you are welcome to add comments there, or to make additions to any of the other pages. To make edits, you will need to create an account for yourself, but anyone with an Oxford email address is welcome to do so.
I am on sabbatical leave for the academic year 2016–17. Course materials will appear here when I resume teaching in October, 2017.
Here is some older stuff:
- Notes for a course on Category Theory for Functional Programming.
I'm not supervising projects in 2016–17 either, but here are some ideas for future reference.
- A fast, portable grep.
- A regular expression toolkit.
- Signal-based programming for Mindstorms.
- Older project ideas.
- Z Reference Manual.
- An introduction to logic programming through Prolog.
- Fragments towards a Programming languages book.
- Bringing declarative programing to Life, Computing At School conference, Birmingham, 18th June 2016.
- A convenient page gives access to recent Oxford exam papers in Computer Science, with links to an archive of older papers.